Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things I Lurve: Mad Men

Mad Men is coming back. Thank god. Creator Matthew Weiner has signed on for two more seasons of the most fabbbbbbbbulous show ever created. Allow me to explain. This show has:

Chic men with insane hair in fabulous suits who drink grownup drinks. None of this Redbull and vodka bullshit.

A magnificent, brilliant bitch with a grasp of office politics that makes Machiavelli look like Ryan Seacrest.

An insanely well-dressed housewife who is perpetually skating the edge of a nervous breakdown.

An office frump who hides depths of brilliance and gets a marvelous Season 2 makeover with the help of a Scandanavian gay!


Plus loads and loads of chic, marvelous, magnificent characters, sets, plotlines, cars, furniture, dresses... If you haven't seen this show, you are missing the fuck out. Move Seasons 1 and 2 to the top of your Netflix queue imeedge, and pay special attention to the episode "Babylon" from Season 1, featuring a cameo by my friend Megan Duffy as a comely beatnik tart.

2 comments:

  1. My life would be ten times better if people still dressed and acted like this. Such a stark contrast to the people I went to a bar with last weekend, one of whom told me about her plans for "Valentimes" while drinking a "sex on the Beach".

    Anyway I need to start watching it too. My friend Nick has the DVDs but he never wants to watch them.

    ReplyDelete