Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fashion Week Part 3

Betsey Johnson

Count on Betsey to bring the crazy. Somebody has to. These models look like what would happen if Pee Wee's Playhouse turned into Pee Wee's Whorehouse.




I kind of love these sequined leggings, though. Is that awful?



Marc Jacobs

Much of Mr. Jacobs's collection, like Ms. Von Furstenburg's, is overstyled. I find it extremely difficult to process a look when I'm confronted with six feet of hair, six inches of makeup, and piles of garments and tchotchkes on a single model. I'm not averse to it when it contributes to a harmonious whole, but this just looks like a lot of shit on a little model.



Furthermore, I'm not digging the patterned leggings. If that's what they do for a size 0/2, god help us normal women.


Also, this fabric makes my skin crawl.


Carolina Herrera

Soooooo heaaavvvyyy... Many of Ms. Herrera's looks appeared to be collapsing under their own weight. I understand that it's fall fashion, and some gravity is appropriate, but these items looked like the kind of clothes where the best part of your day is taking them off.




And what was this promular little disaster doing in there?


But there were also pieces that I liked:

No comments:

Post a Comment