Friday, February 13, 2009

Ms. O's Stylist

Remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned that Michelle Obama should get herself a neutral third party stylist not beholden to any particular designer? As it turns out, my hunch was right. Her current sylist, Ms. Ikram Goldman, owns a boutique that sells clothes by the designers Ms. O has worn. Ms. Goldman has a direct, vested conflict of interest in that she stands to benefit from dressing Ms. O in the designers she sells.
I contend that what Ms. O really needs is a devoted team of two independent stylists, preferably bitchy gays, who have an encyclopedic memory of everything that traipsed down the runway over the last ten seasons. While a team of two may seem decadent, it's actually essential, as even the most fabulous person with the most flawless taste will make an occasional misstep, and having someone to check your work is incredibly valuable. Where could we ever find such a dynamic duo? May I suggest Tom and Lorenzo? I think their taste level, their knowledge, and their good-natured bitchery recommend them most highly for the post of stylists-in-chief. If you haven't taken a look at their marvelous little blogs, ducklings, you absolutely must.

1 comment:

  1. You know I saw some photographs of Michelle at inauguration and her outfit looked green, not yellow. I wonder what color it is in person...

    Check the new VF.

    Also, I agree. She needs a team and it can't be anyone who sells clothing for a living.

    ReplyDelete