Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fashion Week Part 1

I've been procrastinating with respect to my Fashion Week posts. This is for several reasons: (i) there's so much material that it's a little overwhelming and it makes it difficult to chose which designers and trends to feature; (ii) posts with lots of photos are labor intensive; (iii) I just moved into a new place and the process of unpacking is sapping my will to live, much less blog; and (iv) I'm lazy. But hopefully the next few days will make up for the lack of bitchery. Let's begin.

DVF

I'm not very happy with what's going on up in this here collection. Ms. Von Furstenberg is reknowned for her fabulous taste in prints, but these just aren't working for me.



Also, isn't this color horrendous?
The following looks were the bright spots of the collection, in my opinion, but I'm not real crazy about them either:



DKNY

This collection was full of tasteful, beautiful yawners, per uzhe, but there were some looks that I nonetheless lurrrrved:




There were also a few looks that stung my eyes:

But they were few and far between.

Preen

From venerable ladies of the old guard to a couple of whippersnappers full of ideas, some that I loved:








And others that I hated:



More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like a black girl could pull off some of the Preen looks you hated. But I still don't lurve em.

    von Furstenburg made me want to slash my eyes out, especially since her last 2 collections were so much better.

    I can't wait until you get to my beloved Marc Jacobs, who i did not love for Fall 09. Pse.

    ReplyDelete