Friday, February 20, 2009

Fashion Week Part 4

Isaac Mizrahi


I didn't like all of it, but I liked a lot of it. First of all, the styling. I loved the sweet, playful accessories, like the handbag hats and the "just unpacked it" handbags - these put me in mind of the over-the-top, gratuitous fashion show sequences in studio era movies like The Women and How to Marry a Millionaire. It's a fine line between whimsical and stupid, and a subjective one too, but I must admit I loved these ridiculous little goodies.






Also, luh-hurrrrrrrrve.










Narciso Rodriguez

Mostly bleargh.




Some WTF.



Some lurve.

Note to readers:
There are sooooooo many shows to bitch about and I may very well lose steam before it's over. Are there any shows in particular that you want to see posted here?

1 comment:

  1. I dont think you have to cover everything. Let's get real. Just post pics of particularly lovely or hideous items from here and there and call it good.

    ReplyDelete