Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yeah, cheers, thanks.


From the Joys and Concerns file, here's some news that could be both. The joyful part is that AbFab is coming back. The concerning part is that it will be set in Los Angeles, and although Jennifer Saunders is co-producing, I can find no indication that either she or Joanna Lumley will be reprising their roles as the divine Patsy and Edina. I have a hard time believing that anyone other than those two fabulous dames could fill those preposterous platform boots. And as for setting the action in Los Angeles, I guess drug-addled, plastic surgery-addicted 40-something ladies just aren't as fun when you can see them any given Friday at your local Chili's.

I sincerely hope the new American incarnation of AbFab will be as marvelous as the original. But seriously, how could anything be better than this?

1 comment:

  1. I laughed uproariously at that clip.

    And I would rather have more AbFab than less, even if the new is less good.

    I'm not sure about it but I'm optimistic!

    ReplyDelete